Mandatory Requirements to Participate:
- All Jeeps MUST have a valid on road-registration or MUST be trailered directly to trail head.
- All Jeeps MUST have operational front and rear tow points.
- All Jeeps MUST arrive ready to roll. There will be no stops to fuel up, go to bathroom or get snacks prior to departure.
- Certain trails will have a limit on how many Jeeps can run. This is to make the experience positive for everyone.
- Trail Guides have the final say if you and your Jeep meet the requirements for a given trail.
- Trail Guides are volunteering to make your experience a positive one. Please listen to your Trail Guides at all times. The guides decision is final. Failure to listen to your guide may result in you being asked to leave the trail, Crawl and be ineligible for prizes.
Friday, October 4, 2019 6pm
Saturday, October 5, 2019 8am
You must arrive at the Coliseum ready to roll, as there will be no opportunity to get fuel once there, and no planned stops on route to your respective trail heads. This means a FULL tank of gas, snacks, and whatever else you wish to bring along. There is a Shell gas station and Tim Horton's on the Berry Mills Road, 2kms from the Coliseum, along with several other gas stations through-out the vicinity. Once your group leaves for the trail, they can't be waiting for people to stop for fuel, so please respect this request. Thank you!
Sunday, October 6, 2019 10am
The NBJC was not able to secure special rates at a hotel this year, so we have comprised a list of some hotels in the area who are reasonable priced under $100/night. We have included in the list their phone number, a link to through Google booking, we have also indicated which are pet friendly. (Please note prices can fluctuate.)
MESS HALL LOCATION
Listed in order of difficulty:
**We have used the Colorado 4X4 Trail ratings system this year in an attempt to measure the difficulty of the trails. See it outlined below. Please note that although the system quotes water crossing and currents this is not applicable for our trails.**
Windmills to Martin Head Beach Run
Shepody Mountain Run
Pecks Pucker Up
Sugar Shack/Hell Hole
Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs Rating System
- Easy Graded dirt road. Dry, or less than 3" water crossing depth. Gentle grades. 2WD under all conditions except snow. No width problems, two vehicles wide.
- Dirt road. Dry, or less than 3" water crossing depth. Some ruts. Slight grades, up to 10 degrees. 2WD under most conditions. Rain or snow may make 4WD necessary. Usually one and a half to two vehicles wide.
- Dirt road. Rutted, washes, or gulches. Water crossings up to 6" depth. Passable mud. Grades up to 10 degrees. Small rocks or holes. 4WD recommended but 2WD possible under good conditions and with adequate ground clearance and skill. No width problems for any normal vehicle. Vehicle passing spots frequently available if less than two vehicles wide.
- Rutted and/or rocky road. No shelves but rocks to 9". Water crossings usually less than hub deep. Passable mud. Grades moderate, up to 15 degrees. Side hill moderate up to 15 degrees. 4WD under most conditions. No width problems, vehicle passing spots frequently available if less than two vehicles wide.
- Rutted and/or rocky road. No shelves. Rocks up to 12" and water crossings up to 12" with possible currents. Passable mud. Moderate grades to 15 degrees. 6" holes. Side hill to 20 degrees. 4WD required. No width problems.
- Quite rocky or deep ruts. Rocks to 12" and frequent. Water crossings may exceed hub depth with strong currents (not always applicable). Shelves to 6". Mud may require checking before proceeding. Moderate grades to 20 degrees. Sidehill may approach 30 degrees. 4WD necessary and second attempts may be required with stock vehicles. Caution may be required with wider vehicles.
- Rocks frequent and large, 12" and may exceed hub height. Holes frequent or deep (12"). Shelves to 9". Mud 8" deep and may be present on uphill sections. Grades to 25 degrees and sidehill to 30 degrees. Water crossings to 18" and may have strong currents. 1-1/2 vehicles wide. 4WD required. Driver experience helpful. Body damage possible.
- Heavy rock and/or severe ruts. Rocks exceeding hub height frequent. Shelves to 12". Deep mud or uphill mud sections. Steep grades to 25 degrees and can be loose or rocky. Water crossings may exceed 30" in depth. Side hill to 30 degrees. One vehicle wide. Body damage possible. Experience needed. Vehicle Modifications helpful.
- Severe rock over 15". Frequent deep holes over 15". Shelves over 15". Mud bog conditions (long, deep, no firm bottom). Over 30" water crossings with strong currents. Steep grades over 30 degrees. Sidehill over 30 degrees. May not be passable by stock vehicles. Experience essential. Body damage, mechanical breakdown, rollover probable. Extreme caution required.
- Severe conditions. Extreme caution recommended. Impassable by stock vehicles. Winching required. Trail building necessary. May be impassable. Impassable under anything but ideal conditions. Vehicle damage probable. Personal injury possible. Extreme caution necessary.